Monday, February 8, 2010

Shadow Tutorial...










Good morning and thanks for stopping by my blog.. Today I have my first attempt to a shadow around the image tutorial, I have gotten several e-mails regarding how I do this technique so here it goes...

The first thing I do is completely finish coloring my image, once that is done I choose my main colors for my shadow in this case it was V99,V95,V91 and my colorless blender(I always like to test my colors on a scrap paper first)

With my darkest color I outline my image not too much at a time that way my color doesn't dry (in this case I started with V99)

Then with my next darkest color I go over the out line of V99 blending a bit (in this case V95)

With my last color I go over both previous colors making my line a bit thicker (My last color was V91)

Finally I go over with with my colorless blender blending all 3 colors (This depends how much color you want to remove) evenly and acquiring the right shade, It's very easy and looks nice on the finished card. Thank You for your sweet comments and any questions feel free to ask, I really hope this Tutorial helped!

20 comments:

Regina said...

Patricia!!!
I´m very sure your tutorial will help a lot of stampers who work with copics. You did a fantastic work!!!
Thank you!!

Hugs
regina

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

AWSOME! Patricia now one problem lol! I need to get these colors cuz i like the way these look together and don't have any of those lol! Thanks so much i believe that helped.I just texted my friend she's on her way to see it too lol! RubyM:)

fairie said...

Thank you very much for this tutorial. I've seen it and have always wondered how people did it. Now, how do you do the cheeks to get the blush look?

xoxo hugz
sheng

ultraroyale said...

Hi Patricia;
Look great. I never thought about doing it all the way around, I normally just put the shadow on the side away from the light source. I'll have to try this out.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Bob L.

Cami said...

Excellent tutorial, Patricia! I will try this and hope to be half as good as you! Hugs, Cami

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Love your beautiful coloring! :)
But tell me, who won your giveaway??.. I am so curious - thought it ended January 31st. Now, have fun!
Hege

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Patricia!
You have done a super job on your tutorial. I don't as yet have copics but will be saving all these tutorials for when I do. It does also help with my Prismacolors too. You do woderful colouring on your cards.
hugs marion

Tracey said...

Your colouring is stunning Patricia!

LindaC said...

Thanks for doing this tutorial. It was helpful. LindaC

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for the shadow tutorial. I will tuck this away for when I start with Copics. May I ask who won the blog candy? Thanks.

Ms. Jen said...

Thank you so much for showing this! I've seen it done and oftened wondered how. You make it look so easy! I'll have to try it out. Maybe on some in2stamps soon. I hope the move has gone okay. Are you in yet?

michele hileman said...

Oh Thank you so much for this Just what I needed Thank you again for sharing

Nancy said...

thank you so much for sharing this. It will help so much as I'm still learning how to color in images...your image turned out beautifully...

Hugs
Nancy T.

Yani said...

Hola Patricia,

El tuto quedo super lindo!! Puedo presentarlo en Inspirational Tips & Tutorials?

Me dejas saber!
Yanitza

Jacilynn said...

Oh, I love this. Thanks for the tutorial!
x

Penni said...

Super tutorial Patricia - Thanks for sharing

Hugs
Penni
X

Vivi Casale said...

great tutorial Patricia!
It will help me a lot as I'm terrible with shadows and don't know how to work with them!
that is a great help!
xxx
Vivi

cabio's craft corner said...

Great tutorial Patricia. Love the purple shadowing. She looks so gorgeous with your coloring for her!
Hugs,
Cabio

Papirskreppa said...

Your colouring is beautiful. Thanks for learning us this technique. Very useful.

Martiola said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Is a good idea for de shadow. You colouring beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails